Thursday, July 26, 2007

You Can't Just Throw Them Back...

You may have seen the Dallas Morning News article last weekend about Christian foster care and adoption. If not, I highly recommend a quick perusal. It highlights what churches and individual Christian families are doing around the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex to meet the needs of children locally and even around the globe.

The article was especially important to me right now. I can get so bogged down in the daily minutiae of whether this or that child is going to be ours, that I forget the larger picture.

The best quote, in my opinion, was this one by a foster/adoptive mom referring to children in foster care... she said "These are not fish. You can't just throw them back." Well said.

My next post will pull together some ideas on how anyone and everyone can help with this 'foster thing' even if not called to actually have a child in one's home.

No comments: