Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hope Fulfilled

Yesterday was Valiant Warrior's day of hope... and Hope did not disappoint. After many hours of surgery, he emerged from his groggy anesthesia and spoke! Yes, he spoke and he spoke clearly. It looks like he has all vision functionality as well. When he asks to eat, his folks will know that all is on the upswing.

What an experience... I tried so hard to put myself in my friend's (his Mom) shoes yesterday. She was so strong. As hard as I tried, I just could not even fathom what it would be like to watch your baby undergo something so serious. And, even though Valiant Warrior is almost 20, he will forever be 'her baby.' That never changes for a Mommy, does it?

For me, I felt like I was watching from outside of a bubble... just barely hanging on to the reality of the day. It all became very real when I got to give Valiant Warrior a kiss before I left. What a treat!

Thank you to Collette and my Mom who unselfishly watched our kids all day so that we could be with our friends. And thank you, God!! You were there, you saw the heart of a young man who will happily be your Valiant Warrior for the rest of his days. Thank you, Lord...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! That is such a blessing for him and his family. I truly pray he will continue along this path in recovery.