Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Crown Without a Princess ...

No, I'm not a princess or a queen, much to my dismay. It isn't actually that type of crown to which I refer. I have put off dental work now for over 8 months. The idea of a crown was not delightful to me; in fact, the idea was downright frightening. It has been 30 years since I've had any type of dental work. So, I just decided there was no way I really needed a crown, right? The dentist was just pulling my leg, right?

Actually, as the months past and I blatantly disregarded professional advice, I realized I needed 2 crowns instead of 1. Approaching 40 years of age brings so many delights, doesn't it?

Yesterday morning, my mother-in-law came down to watch the brood and I headed to the dentist. I can think of at least 2.4 million other things I'd rather do with a morning without children than where I was headed. Could I bolt and sneak off for coffee and donuts and forget the entire thing? I so wish I had more of that personality.

So, I spent 2.5 hours in a dental chair while someone cheerfully ground away at my teeth and then left with what felt like an enormous bottom jaw. Oh, happy day!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I agree . . . there is not much worse than dental work.

Where do you go? I use Pamela in VA, she's wonderful (did the IMB stuff for Robert and I at NO CHARGE!)